Wednesday July 26th – Sunday July 30th, 2017
An Intensive 5-Day Study Program:
For 7 years and counting, The Ballet Physique team has been focused on the highest standard of barre instruction and maintaining a penchant for excellence in the areas of technique, class design, and execution. Our reputable program has produced some of Denver’s most sought after trainers, and in fact, a few of the leaders in the local barre community were originally students or instructors at our studio. Both inside and outside the classroom, The Ballet Physique strives to offer clients a “bigger picture” experience through our inclusive and encouraging community. We believe that every person is entitled to develop confidence, grow stronger, and become exquisitely fit at our barre.
We also believe that every person can gain the skills to become an exceptional teacher! Join us for our summer 2017 certification program, where you will learn the art and science behind our proven exercise technique. With the right amount of dedication, you’ll soon be leading successful barre classes and sharing your passion with those in your community. Whether you are a student wanting to improve your athletic prowess, an existing trainer seeking continuing education in the field, or an aspiring group fitness instructor launching a career, we are committed to helping you become your best.
Tuition for the 5 day intensive is $995
Register early, by July 1, 2017 and save $100 off your tuition.
Payment plans can be made available upon request. Email email@example.com.
Where and When
Our 5-day intensive will take place at both of our studios in Littleton and Lone Tree, Colorado. Trainees must be present for the full amount of time (please contact us if you need to request an exception).
Wednesday 7/26 from 1:30pm – 8:30pm at the Littleton studio
Thursday 7/27 from 1:30pm – 8:30pm at the Lone Tree studio
Friday 7/28 from 1:30pm – 8:30pm at the Littleton Studio
Saturday 7/29 from 10:45am – 6pm at the Lone Tree studio
Sunday 7/30 from 12pm – 6pm at the Littleton studio
The Ballet Physique Barre Certification is a 5-day, 30+ hour intensive study program that will prepare instructors to lead safe, effective, and energizing barre classes. Our trainers are nationally certified, with decades of experiences both in the group fitness studio and on the professional dance stage. During the presentation sections of each training, students will dive into the art of designing an extraordinary class. Topics include: formulas for clear cueing, exercise sequencing, muscular anatomy, injury prevention, modifications, and principles of musicality and playlist creation. Each day, students will also enjoy multiple opportunities for teaching practice, performance, and immediate feedback. To ensure the success of our future barre instructors, we will ask for a final test-out in the form of a video audition. We will also set each trainee up with a mentor for up to three months post-certification.
What to Expect
- 30 hours of intensive, hands-on training and instruction.
- Daily workshops, lectures, and microphone time. We understand that the best way become abetter instructor is practice, which is why we schedule ample time each day to teach on the mic and allow you to discover your personal voice as a teacher.
- In-depth discussions on topics such as methodology, history of ballet, the Lotte Berk Method and the evolution of barre fitness, anatomy and alignment, cueing, musicality, choreography, modifications, even marketing and business development.
- Five in-house barre classes taught by experienced Ballet Physique trainers.
- Culmination in the form of a one-hour class on video to earn your certification.
Perks of Training with Us: Access to our top teachers and educators, 138-page training manual of the most current training information, and tools to create the most cohesive and engaging class experience, including:
- Class setting and environment
- Sequence and exercise selection
- Musicality and energy
- Marketing and promotion
- Three sample class lesson plans
You’ll also receive:
- Free passes to classes at any of our locations during the entire course of your training.
- Invitation to our ‘Instructors Only’ Facebook page and Spotify account that includes tips, tricks,playlists and sequences that are created for your use as an instructor.
- 1.9 CEUs (continuing education units) with NASM
- 15 CECs (continuing education credits) with AFAA