The Ballet Physique is seeking to hire an experienced barre instructor! If you are interested in obtaining a position on our team, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We will contact you soon to arrange an audition and give you a tour of the studio. We would love to meet you!
Our team is comprised of dancers and fitness educators who are passionate about elevating the practice of intelligent barre exercise. We are committed to helping our clients become stronger through an empowering teaching model based on technique, precision, and tailored modifications. As a small studio, we also excel in building relationships, fostering authenticity, and ensuring that every person feels welcome in our community.
We are on the search for a talented and charismatic barre instructor to join our team! We offer a certification that includes 50+ hours of training geared to equip our future instructors with the tools needed to lead safe and effective classes. Instructors can anticipate an in-depth study of topics such as methodology, anatomy, cueing, musicality, and choreography. Training (paid for by the company) includes workshops, lectures, live teaching practice, and feedback.
Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience as an instructor of ballet, barre, group fitness, or Pilates. Education may substitute for experience in certain cases. We also prefer a current CPR certification and a nationally accredited certification in group fitness, personal training, or Pilates.
Upon hiring, instructors will participate in our own certification program to obtain an extra layer of education and preparation. Successful completion of the training program will result in being added to our permanent class schedule. While it is not an absolute requirement, 5 years of classical dance training is also highly preferred.
We are looking for someone who loves people. Being a Ballet Physique instructor is, most of all, oriented to taking care of clients by making sure that each person gets the BEST workout for their body. It’s not an overstatement to say that our instructors have the power to change lives…because they certainly have!
- Kind, caring, and generous personality
- High level of energy with an endlessly positive mindset
- Deep knowledge of anatomy and movement mechanics
- Strong musical skills (counting, phrasing, etc).
- Strong and fit body; well-versed in barre technique
- Confidence, command, and leadership ability
Scheduling and Pay
- Availability to teach classes at 6:00 am on weekdays is helpful.
- Availability to teach classes on Sunday is helpful.
- Salary ranges from $33.00 to $40.00 per hour.
- This is a part-time position with less than 10 hours per week.
Staff Perks Include
- Free access to unlimited barre classes.
- Free access to our online streaming program.
- Substantial discounts on fitness apparel and accessories.
- Paid quarterly training sessions.